Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thank You John Edwards!


Senator John Edwards is a great American and I thank him and his wife Elizabeth for their continued public service. He has been an incredible voice in the fight against poverty and he is a true champion of many causes I firmly believe in. He has taught us about the two Americas and I appreciate his compassion and conviction in his messaging.

For Edwards supporters, my heart does go out to you. I understand all-too-well the pain of your candidate dropping out. In 2004, I put all of my passion, time and energy into supporting Howard Dean and when he suspended his candidacy, I was very sad because I knew that I was going to have to support John Kerry, a man who didn't share my ideology.

I urge you to find solace in the fact that there is a top candidate who shares the values and goals of John Edwards and he will champion bringing the two Americas into one. Barack Obama understands poverty. His mother is from a small town in Kansas and his father grew up in Kenya, a country truly plagued by poverty. His story is truly rags to riches and it can inspire the country to truly deal with poverty.

I respectfully urge Edwards supporters to take a serious look at the candidacy of Barack Obama. With Edwards out of the race, your votes are extremely powerful and you should award your vote to the candidate who shares your ideals and vision and I hope that candidate is Senator Barack Obama.

No comments: