Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Initial Thoughts on Super Tuesday

Congratulations to both Senator Obama and Senator Clinton on a great day for Democrats. Enthusiasm and voter turnout are both at extremely high levels.

While I am surprised at Senator Clinton's margin of victory in California, overall I am extremely encouraged and excited by the results of Super Tuesday for Barack Obama.

My initial thought on Super Tuesday:

Hillary Clinton won California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and a few other little states. I congratulate her on those hard fought wins in those traditional Democratic strongholds, but...

...I am more interested in the candidate who won the states that Democrats don't win. The candidate who inspired Democrats all across the country to make their voice heard. Barack Obama won Idaho, North Dakota, Colorado, Kansas, Georgia, Delaware, Alabama, Utah, Minnesota, Connecticut, Missouri and Illinois. Every region of the country represented, every demographic represented, every electoral scenario represented.

Whoever is selected as the nominee of the Democratic Party will carry the states that Hillary won, Barack Obama has proven that he is the most electable candidate by inspiring Democrats to fight in areas that are now in play.

Congratulations Senator Obama. I am still fired up and ready to go!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I agree with you about those small states. Barack would be of great benefit to a Clinton run for the White House. I smell a V.P nomination wafting from the Obama headquarters.